Animal Collective Inspiration

The King in I died, he kept floating past my eyes and singing his songs. Life was good now death's all wrong. Cause you can't feel a thing, no heart flutters in late spring. And I can't hold what's in my hand, don't do any good to say this isn't what I planned. And where's my mom I want to hold her tight, she is so far away from crowded nights. I will always love Animal Collective. There have been weeks were I listen to nothing else. There music is so textured, emotional and beautiful and no matter what is coursing through my cluttered brain it always puts me into a nice state of mind. I made this piece in dedication to one of my favorite groups of all time, using ink and brush and a little bit of pink pencil. My foundations art class is so limiting, so I try and to make the best out of it by squeezing the most out of each assignment. This particular assignment was to create a "weighted line" piece and although I feel like my lines definitely vary in pressure, I got a poor grade because of the pink shading. More art to come. I couldn't find a video of cuckoo cuckoo so enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment